Also... if you have a soft spot in your heart for the Pan-Geos line in the Great Hall, try this and tell me if it evokes fond memories. If you detested Pan-Geos... Marie, don't judge this recipe before you try it :)
1 lb. short-cut pasta (whole wheat pasta was good)
1 Tbsp. evoo
4 bacon slices, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 large garlic cloves, chopped
salt & pepper
1 c. chicken stock (or 1/2 c. stock, 1/2 c. white wine if you have some lying around)
1 pint grape tomatoes (I used sundried tomatoes once which was delicious)
1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded or diced
Fresh herbs: some chopped chives or parsley or basil or all 3
1/2 c. grated parmesan
1. Chop everything up... onion, garlic, herbs, bacon.
2. Make the pasta, reserving 1/2 c. of the pasta water before you drain it
3. Heat the evoo in a large skillet over med-hi heat. Now pay attention to all these minutes:
- Cook bacon until crispy - 2-3 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and pasta liquid; bring to a boil and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and stir it all up for 1 more minute.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in the mozzarella, fresh herbs and parmesan. Taste to see if it needs any extra S&P (probably not) :) Serve with a simple salad dressed with vinaigrette.