03 November 2006

creamy wine sauce pasta

I found this fancy meatless yet delicious pasta recipe. I altered it to be even better and here it is:

2 T. olive oil
3 cups sliced mushrooms (buy them whole and then slice yourself, they keep better this way) OR sliced zucchini... OR both?
2 cloves garlic, minced
fresh chopped rosemary
Salt & Pepper
1/3 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. white wine
1/3 c. chicken broth

In a large skillet over medium, heat olive oil. Add mushrooms, minced garlic and rosemary. Season with S&P. Cook for a few minutes. Add cream, wine and broth. Bring sauce to a boil; reduce heat, stirring until sauce is reduced to about 1 1/2 cups.

Serve over hot cooked pasta; top with parmesan cheese.

I did not make this up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,

Matt and I ate this on Saturday night and it was awesome! I loved it!! He liked it a lot, but I think it wasn't a full "10" for him b/c there's no meat. Sorry, but Matt is carnivore to the core...I try to temper that though and this great recipe sure helped!

emilie said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! That is great news!! :)

For the carnivorous among us, you could throw in some chicken?