20 November 2008

Napa Cabbage Salad

This is soooooooo yummy, one of my faves. If you're going to make a huge main-dish salad for several people, double the dressing recipe.

Dressing
---------
1/2 c. oil (olive is good)
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. white vinegar (I like to use rice vinegar)
1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. salt

Shake all ingredients together in a screw-top jar.


Salad
-------
Napa cabbage (or regular cabbage, romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce - whatever is crunchy)
toasted almonds
toasted sesame seeds (I do these two together on the tray in my toaster oven)
uncooked ramen noodles, crunched up
dried cranberries
mandarin orange segments (from a can or fresh, although that's more work)
cilantro
green or red onion
avocado
feta cheese (I know it sounds weird, but it is good)

Add some chicken and crumbled bacon and it's not vegetarian anymore, but it's sooo good.

No comments: