07 February 2013

Roasted Zucchini

Check it out, Martha has a new cookbook. I thought the portobello and zucchini tacos looked really good, so, feeling sort of half-hearted about it at lunchtime today, I just made the roasted zucchini part and thought I would turn it into a sandwich by melting some cheese over it.

It was A.Ma.Zing!!!!

Roasted Zucchini
1 zucchini, cut into 2"x1/2" sticks
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. Tuscan Sunset seasoning (or oregano)
salt and pepper
1 tsp vinegar (white balsamic or red wine)

Toss zucchini with olive oil, herbs and salt & pepper on a baking sheet. Roast at 425* for 20-25 minutes, tossing once. Drain on paper towel. Transfer to plate and sprinkle with a bit o' vinegar.

I stuffed as many of these little friends as I could into a sandwich with some melty muenster cheese. YUM.

No comments: