25 July 2006

Heat Wave!



It is hot. But Saturday was the worst: I heard reports of 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 and 114 (successively.. it was sort of like a fish story).

I heard there were even fatalities! We did our best to stay cool and so didn't die - but I think my pepper plant might be a casualty. It is not looking too good anymore and every time I water it, more of its leaves fall off. They are healthy looking leaves, but then they just drop to the ground. :( Any tips?

We camped out on the porch last night. It was nice and cool (relatively speaking)... but there were scary noises coming from the woods. ! Yikes....

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Yay! I am glad to hear you are alive! I was worried about you... heat waves, fires, it sounds miserable! We were all cranky up here and it was only 95! I had to go out and buy a fan... i tried one night without one- needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.

Sorry about your pepper plant. My avocado isn't doing too hot either... : (

emilie said...

wow. the new dog? mollie muffet or whatever?

that can't be healthy.

emilie said...

hence the screened-in. it's really good for that.