22 August 2006

Farewell Beloved



Welp, I got my crown put on with no major drama. Feeling pretty good about that. At the same time, I was slightly attached to that tooth (not attached enough to floss though), and having it whittled down to practically nothingness was kind of traumatic. I mean - that tooth has been with me for a long time. And now it's GONE!

The grossest part was the smell. But my dentist is really nice so that helped. I focused my thoughts on the Nave children while he was drilling.

:(

In related news, I am now sipping coffee through a straw, as the latest urban legend says it helps to wear off the numbness. Perhaps it's the caffeine, since I've heard the same thing about Coke.

In other news, we are going to the long-lost Naves' house tonight for dinner. Definitely looking forward to that, as they always have good food and they're just really fun and refreshing.

Mary, if you are reading this: get back to work. >:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,

Yes, I am reading your blog because you forced me to. I think you need blog lessons. You are a good writer, but your blog doesn't show your creative writing skills:)

emilie said...

well read on, mamacita! you need to check out my beautiful recipe.

Anonymous said...

I did read your recipe for rice and beans. It sounds so tasty! I can't wait to have it for lunch today.